B Visas Attorney

B Visas Attorney

If you would like to visit the United States on a temporary basis, there are a couple of visa options available to you. B visas are nonimmigrant visas designated for individuals who desire to visit the U.S. for a specific time and purpose. They are broken into two categories: B-1: These visas are granted to individuals who are visiting the U.S. in a business capacity. It includes people who are conducting research, meeting with business partners, attending a scientific, educational, or professional conferences, or engaging in a sales process. B-1 visas are also used for individuals who are negotiating a contract. B-1 visas are typically granted for the specific amount of time that an individual is conducting business. They are usually approved for 3-6 months.

B-2: These visas are designated for individuals who are visiting the U.S. for pleasure or medical treatment. B-2 visa holders also come to the U.S. to see friends and participate in volunteer activities. B-2 visas are granted for a six-month period.

The visitor visa lawyers at the Florida Immigration Law Counsel (FL-ILC) can guide you through the process of obtaining the appropriate visa for temporary travel in the U.S. To apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa, individuals must apply with the U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country. Requirements for gaining a B-1 or B-2 visa include:

  • The individual intends to be in the U.S. for a limited time period and return home afterwards.
  • While in the U.S., the individual maintains a foreign residence, which he or she intends to keep.
  • The individual has adequate financial means to maintain a trip in the U.S.
  • The individual will engage solely in legal activities relating to business or pleasure.

A number of supporting documents should be included in your application, including:

  • Passport for travel in the U.S.
  • Two color photographs (note: an individual may wear a headdress, if their religion dictates that they do so)
  • A letter from the person that’s sponsoring the individual, inviting them to the U.S.
  • Documentation proving a strong tie to their home country
  • Documentation showing the individual’s ability to support themselves during the trip
  • Information about your company, including marketing materials. (For B-1 visa applicants)
  • An itinerary of the trip, if you are participating in a tour

FL-ILC can help foreign nationals who are engaging in the process of securing a B-1/B-2 visa while in their home countries. When in the U.S., we can also assist you in filing for visa extensions as well as Change of Status forms, should you decide that you would like to work in the U.S. Contact our temporary visa lawyers today at 1-800-666-4996.


Saman Movassaghi, Esq.

Call for a Free Consultation

Our knowledgeable, professional and compassionate attorneys have over 13 years of experience in all areas of U.S. immigration matters. We cater to both corporate clients and individuals with an emphasis on employment/investment and family adjustment related matters. We are here to help you with all your immigration needs because it is time for you to Live the American Dream!

Back to Top